If MFA has not been set up yet, when logging into your account you should see a blue banner prompting you to set up MFA. Click on the Get started button. This will bring you to the set up page and you can follow from step 3 in the steps described below.
If the message has been dismissed since the creation of the account, please follow the next steps to activate your MFA.
NB! When prompted to generate backup codes, we cannot advise enough that you should save the backup codes in a safe place. Without these, we cannot remove or restore access in case this is somehow diminished.
- Navigate to the security tab in your user section via the console. From the dashboard a.k.a. the front page, click on the user icon in the top right corner of the page. CLICK on your account name/email address.
- On the left-hand side, you can see a vertical menu bar. CLICK on the Security tab.
- CLICK on the Off button. This will navigate you to the page where the MFA can be set up.
- CLICK the highlighted SET UP button to begin the process and CLICK next
- Scan the QR code using your phone and link it with your authentication app
- Enter the code displayed on your authentication app to verify setup. Please note the codes are timed after the time runs out the code changes to a new one.
- After adding your authenticator app it will take you straight into the setup of the backup codes, follow the on-screen instructions
- CLICK generate codes
- Make sure you store your backup codes safely and securely, be sure to either download, copy or print them. PLEASE BE AWARE IF YOU LOSE YOUR BACKUP CODES AND PRIMARY AUTHENTICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WITHDRAW YOUR FUNDS
- Once the primary and secondary authentication methods are set up, MFA will be active and your withdrawals will be protected. MFA will also be required to manage users on the account and adding a new wallet.
If you already have a preferred authenticator app feel free to use that, otherwise we can mention here the Google Authenticator app.